Installing Replacement Windows – With the money crunch that everybody is experiencing these days, everyone currently prefers to try and do things on their own rather than hiring someone that they need to pay. therefore if you wish to avoid wasting and create changes on your current windows, here are the steps concerning putting in replacement windows while not the assistance of any contractor which might raise for top service fees.
1. Make sure that you have all the materials ready and within reach. The last thing that you would want is to reach for that hammer while you are holding the rest of the window replacements.
2. Get the exact measurement of your current window. The measuring must be done inside your house. Get the width and the height precisely so you will get the perfect measurement when you install the new window.
3. By using the utility knife, screwdriver, and other tools, you have to carefully remove the stops of your current window. Make sure that you won’t damage the other materials surrounding it.
4. Remove the sash and cut all of the exposed chains or cords.
5. Before you start caulking and installing replacement windows, see to it that you have a dry run first. It would help if you take time to assess how the new window would fit.
6. Start caulking the insides of the jambs. After caulking and inserting the expander, make sure that you secure it with the right screws.
7. Once you have caulked the jambs properly, you can now install the new window. You have to use the provided mounting screws. However, be careful that you don’t tighten the screws too much or else you might end up breaking the new window into pieces.
8. Check the sashes of the window to ensure that it would glide smoothly and safely as well.
Now that you have known all these steps, start installing replacement windows on your own!